Friday, January 9, 2009

Track Workout for Monday

The workout for Monday should be as follows:

Warm-up
6 Minute Fartlek to warm-up (30 seconds SLOOOOOW, 30 seconds Medium, and 30 seconds 400 pace) - so if I am not a complete idiot, you will wind up doing the cycle 4 times.

Ample rest. (stretch some, and get some water, etc. - not more than 4 minutes)

3x(2x400m), 2 min between 400s, 3 mins between sets of 400s

Fast people should try to be consistently under 75, slower people should try to be under 80. If you are over 85 for a majority of them, you need to send me an email and we can work on some stuff.

NOTE: 1 track workout a week does NOT mean you are doing enough running. You should be doing either some sort of agility run and some sort of longer recovery run at least once a week in addition to practice.

And, for the love of god, please go out and throw, play disc golf, play catch in your hallways, walk to class throwing to yourself, etc. We have about 6 people on our team who have more than 2 years of throwing experience, and our goal is to become competitive with the teams who have 90% of their team with over 2 years of throwing.

Also, if anyone can track down the ladder that MIT used to have, that would be awesome to bring to practice.

-josh

8 comments:

  1. Friday:

    My legs needed rest so I did an upper body workout. I'll do the workout from Thursday tomorrow.

    Bench press: 6@(105-105-110)
    Upright rows: 8@(45-45-65)
    Triceps: 8@(45-40-35) -- started too high and couldn't finish the sets
    Pull-downs: 10@(80-80-90)
    One-arm barbell curls: 10@(15-15-20)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll start posting to this again. Catching up recent work outs:

    Monday - Swimming (2000m) + 4 rounds of Navy Seals, then lifting: upper body (bench/flys/back) + front squats (6-6-6 all at 145).

    Wednesday - Swimming (2000m) + 9 min abs + 200 pushups, then 4*50 air squats

    Thursday - Crazy 8s (made 6 of them)

    Friday - Swimming (2000m) + Kes' plank workout (did not do last 1 min) + 4 min abs (1/2 of 9 min abs)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friday:

    4x5 Seated Cable Row: 150,150,160,160
    4x5 Cable Pulldown: 130
    4x5 Bent Over Dumbbell Row: 65
    4x5 Lat Pulldown Machine Thing: 140
    4x5 Standing Barbell Curl: 85
    Cable Curls: 12,12,10,10 @ 20/arm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saturday:

    Finally did crazy-8s. I didn't keep super-good track of times, but I think they were:

    3:01-3:12-X-3:16-3:15-3:40-3:45-3:11

    The X is from me realizing I couldn't keep up the pace I was going at and sitting one of the laps out while the guy I was running with did one. So, I only ended up doing 7 800s total.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saturday:

    Did some cardio. Hour on the elliptical. Kept my heart rate between 145-155.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did this with Reid, Jordan, Ji, and Jacob S.

    73
    76
    78
    80
    77
    72

    Tossing

    Planks for ~4 min. w/ rest

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saturday: variety of upper body workouts (don't care to list them, suffice to say it was comprehensive). 2 hours of dancing. 4 miles on treadmill. 9 minute abs.

    Sunday: 4x50 airsquats, 200 pushups, 9 minute abs.

    Monday: 2000m swimming, 60 pushups, 9 minute abs, workout above (slower than Kes, didn't track time).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Worked out with Reid, Kes, Ji, Jordan. Didn't track exact times, but something like this:

    76-83-91-94-88-79

    Also did an upper-body workout earlier in the day:

    Bench press: 3x8@105
    Pec fly: 3x10@30
    Upright row: 3x10@55
    Pull-downs: 3x10@80
    Curls: 3x10@30

    ReplyDelete